Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sonntag, 12. Januar 2014

Rome: Marked Men #3 by Jay Crownover


Fun and fearless, Cora Lewis knows how to keep her tattooed "bad boy" friends at the Marked in line. But beneath all that flash and sass is a broken heart. Cora won't let herself get burned again. She's waiting to fall in love with the perfect man—a baggage-free, drama-free guy ready for commitment. Then she meets Rome Archer.

Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He's stubborn, rigid, and bossy. And he's returned from his final tour of duty more than a little broken. Rome's used to filling many roles: big brother, doting son, supersoldier—but none of those fit anymore. Now he's just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the dark demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer through it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes a blinding flash of color in a sea of gray. Perfect may not be in the cards, but perfectly imperfect could just last forever . . .


  • 384 pages
  • published in 2014
The Marked Men series by Jay Crownover is amazing and I really loved all three books so far. I cannot decide which Marked Men is my favorite, because they all have something special about them to love.

Jay Crowonver is an amazing writer, as I find. The sex scenes weren't flat and unappealing like they are in most books. I actually enjoyed reading them and I do usually skip them because they make me feel uncomfortable but this time, they didn't. So a big plus on that!

I really liked Rome and Cora together even though I think it went on a bit too fast between them, I would have liked to have a bit more struggle before they became a real couple. But maybe it just felt that way to me because I read it in one night? I am not sure. I did like the book a lot though so it didn't bother me too much.

What I really love about the Marked Men series is that 1. You know which couple will come next because they start to bond a little in the previous novel and 2. You don't lose a couple after their book is finished. You still get bits and parts about them in the next books!
And I really wanted more from Rome and Cora when I finished the book, I was actually quite sad that it was already over. I really can't wait for the next installment to come out, I'm sure I'm gonna love the story of Nash and Saint as much as I love all the other Marked Men stories! Jay Crownover hasn't failed me yet and I'm sure she won't start now.

I recommend the Marked Men series for anyone that loves New Adult novels and romance.

And I give 4.5 of 5 stars because, as I said, it went on a little too fast and that's why it wasn't perfect but it was pretty close!

 



0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen